Conchiglie pasta with prosciutto ham, shitake mushrooms and parmesan cheese sauce.
Tasty, filling and easy to cook, our conchiglie pasta dish is perfect for a quick dinner solution. Filled with delicious prosciutto ham, shitake mushrooms and a creamy parmesan cheese sauce, this dish is sure to satisfy.
- The White Sauce
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g plain flour
- 500ml of whole/semi-skimmed milk
- Two tablespoons of double cream
- 1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
- 50g Shaved parmesan cheese
- 300g Conchiglie pasta
- 500ml of boiling water
- Two tablespoons of salt
The Mushrooms and prosciutto.
- 200g prosciutto ham
- 200g Shitake Mushrooms (sliced)
200g Parmesan Cheese (shaved)
- Firstly get the water on for the pasta. Add the salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and stir to prevent sticking, and cook for 12 minutes. Continue stirring occasionally.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring the 500ml of milk to the boil. In a separate pan, melt down the butter, add the garlic and cook for a few minutes. Mix in the flour well until a paste has formed, continue to whisk, gradually adding the milk until a sauce has formed; then add parmesan.
- (To create parmesan shavings, get the parmesan and a potato peeler, simply peel the parmesan from the side; this is parmesan shavings).
- In a separate pan, drizzle in a little olive oil and add a knob of butter, add mushrooms and season with salt and black pepper. Add half of the prosciutto and cook for a few minutes stirring well; add the parmesan cheese sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Once the pasta is cooked, strain and add to the sauce and mix well, check the seasoning.
- Serve on heated bowls or plates, add the remaining parmesan on top and Place the remaining prosciutto on top.
- For an extra finish, why not try chopped flat-leaf parsley for additional colour and serve delicious garlic bread.