Oven-roasted pumpkin and sweet potato soup serves four.
The weather is turning cooler, and the leaves are changing colour, which can only mean one thing: soup season is officially here!
This oven-roasted pumpkin and sweet potato soup is the perfect recipe to warm you up on a chilly day.
It’s easy to make and loaded with delicious flavours.
So why not give it a try? You’ll love it!
- one large onion (peeled and chopped rough)
- one tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 kg o pumpkin(peeled deseeded and rough chopped)
- 500g sweet potato (peeled, rinsed and rough chopped)
- one teaspoon of dried chilli powder (optional)
- one tablespoon of tomato puree/paste
- 5 oz butter
- 5 oz plain flour
- 1 litre of vegetable/chicken stock
- four sprigs of rosemary picked
- 200g of parmesan cheese
- First, pre-heat the oven to 180, mix the pumpkin and sweet potato with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, and cook for 15 minutes.
- While cooking, gather a large saucepan or pot. Melt the butter and add spices. Cook for 3—4 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add flour and tomato paste mix well until a paste has been formed. Bring back the heat and gradually whisk the stock until a sauce consistency has formed.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and check the pumpkin and sweet potato in the oven. They should be soft. If not, it’s OK, as every oven is different. Add to the mix and stir. Cook until soft and blend with a hand blender or food processor until smooth. Bring back to the boil season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large bowls, add the picked rosemary and crumble the cheese on top. This can be served with or without croutons as a matter of taste and enjoy.
For more quick and tasty recipes by Paul Watters, visit – Paul Watters