Oven-roasted Seabass with Mint-Infused Baby Potato Including Ribboned Carrot, Plus Zucchini and Petit Pois.
- 4 large seabass fillets
- 4 large carrot washed and peeled
- 12 baby potato cut in half lengthways
- 3 zucchini(courgette) washed
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 sprigs of mint
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- First, peel and slice the potatoes and bring to boil in salted water and gently simmer until slightly soft but still firm, preheat the oven at 180.
- Place seabass onto an oven dish skin side up, season with salt and pepper and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top of the fish, cook for 10 mins until crisp and golden.
- While fish is cooking get a large saucepan and heat on the stove on high heat, add remaining olive oil and butter, drain the potatoes in a colander or with a lid under running cold water to prevent steam from scalding you, drain well and add to the pan, season with salt and black pepper allow to colour for a few minutes by tossing occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking with the potato peeler peel the carrot and courgette as if you would normally peel the vegetable, this will create a ribbon effect, this will take an approx a couple of minutes, meanwhile, the potatoes will begin to brown, add in garlic and mint add in carrot, courgette ribbon and frozen peas continue to cook for a few minutes taste and season with salt and pepper if required (chefs tip add a little chopped flat-leaf parsley through the mix) stirring until all the vegetables and seasoning as being mixed through.
- Meanwhile, your fish will be cooked and place to one side to rest. In large serving dishes arrange the vegetables on plates or large bowls, place seabass on top and enjoy with a drink of your choice.
For any further recipe or ideas please contact me on Paulwatters35@gmail.com or visit my Facebook page simple tasty healthy by PW