Seafood Curry with Steamed Greens
Ingredients for the curry sauce
- 4 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic(crushed)
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
2 tablespoons of curry powder.
- 1 pint of chicken stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- First of all, you need to prepare the potatoes, wash and peel and roughly dice and parboil for five minutes, drain and rinse under cold water.
- While the potatoes are cooking get on with the curry sauce peel and dice or slice the onion and red pepper with the garlic Cook for a few minutes adding in spices turn down the heat to slightly above simmer allow to cook for a few minutes to allow spices cook out add in chicken stock, bring to the boil add allow to reduce for 5 mins add in coconut milk bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes add potatoes and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Most supermarkets have a seafood counter so ask the fishmonger to prepare 500g of mixed seafood and tell them what you want to have in it.
- To cook the seafood bring your curry sauce gently to the boil season with salt and pepper and for an additional taste I use a little bit of sweet chilli sauce but that my preference. While the sauce is coming to the boil bring a small pot of a little water to the boil with a little salt add in desired greens and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Whilst cooking add your seafood to the curry sauce and gently cook for a few minutes add a little chopped coriander check season again and serve in a bowl with picked coriander as a garnish. Drain off the veg and drizzle a little sesame oil if you want and black pepper this can also be served with rice. Enjoy
#TheReviveMag #LifestyleManchester #LifestyleCheshire #FoodRecipes #ReviveFood #PaulWatters #SeafoodCurry #WordPress