Spiced Apple Curry Soup
Renowned chef Paul Watters delivers an exceptional delightful treat with a combination of fruit and spices as a super winter warmer. Are you brave enough? Let us know.
- 1 large onion(diced)
- 4 oz of butter
- 4 oz plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger
- 1 pinch of dried cinnamon
- 1 pinch of smoked paprika
- 2 pints of vegetable or chicken stock
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 apples peeled cored and rough chopped (keep half an apple sliced for garnish)
- a handful of picked rocket
- 8 tablespoons of double cream
- salt and pepper to taste and season
- In a large pot melt the butter and add in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, garam masala, curry powder, dried ginger smoked paprika and cinnamon. Add apples (but remember to keep sliced back for garnish).
- Cook for approx 15-20minutes until the apples are soft. Take off the heat add flour mix in well until a paste has formed.
- Bring back to the heat gradually add the chicken/vegetable stock. Cook for a further 10 mins. Blend well to a puree with a food processor or hand blender adding the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and season to required taste.
- Transfer to bowls garnish with sliced apple and drizzle cream over the top add picked fresh rocket for the top(chefs tip drizzle a little olive oil for an extra touch)