Our Superstar Chef, Paul Watters brings us a delightful warming recipe of the season, spiced pumpkin soup with parmesan shavings and parsley cream.
- 2 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 2 large onions diced
- 1kg of pumpkin (peeled deseeded and cut into chunks)
- 800ml of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 100g of fresh parmesan shaved
- A handful of fresh parsley chopped
- 4 tablespoons of double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot or frying pan add onions and spices and cook for 5 mins until soft but not coloured add pumpkin and stir occasionally until it starts to soften and turn a golden brown colour pour in the stock and simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
Take off the heat and blend with a hand blender until smooth bring back to the heat and add cream and parsley season with salt and pepper and serve into warm bowls add parmesan on top and sprinkle chopped parsley over and serve with crusty bread please find me on Facebook at simple tasty healthy by PW or contact me on Paulwatters35@gmail.com