Stuffed Calamari Tubes with a Thai Salmon Stuffing and a Red Pepper Essence
- 3 calamari tubes
- 3 salmon fillets
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 knob of fresh ginger
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1 lime
- A teaspoon of dried coriander
- A teaspoon of dried ginger
- 3 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 2 spring onions
- To prepare the calamari tubes, bring to the boil in salted water, while waiting for the calamari to boil you can prepare the stuffing in a food processor blend dried coriander, ginger along with the fresh coriander, lemongrass garlic and chilli and the juice of the lime season with sea salt and pepper and add salmon blend until a soft puree has formed.
- By this stage, the calamari will have boiled and rinse well under cold water until cold. Add the stuffing mix to a large bowl and rinse as you will need again to make the essence.
- Meanwhile, get the calamari tubes and 3/4 full with the salmon stuffing and arrange on a plate prior to cooking repeat three times, preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Place a cocktail stick the top of the calamari to prevent the stuffing falling out.
- To cook the calamari add a large pan on the stove allowing to heat but not smoke, cook the calamari for 4 minutes on one side flip it over and cook in the oven for a further 8 minutes.
- Once cooking in the oven you can prepare the essence and spring onions. In the food processor quarter and deseed the peppers add sugar and water blend until sauce consistency has formed if required add a little more water and season with salt and pepper, once it blending wash and slice the spring onions at an angle for the garnish cut the greens into strips. By this stage the calamari will be cooked take out of the oven allowing to rest for a few minutes then slice down the middle at an angle arrange on the plate drizzle around the plate garnish with the spring onions and serve a nice suggestion is to serve with rice, or salad and enjoy.
#TheReviveMag #LifestyleManchester #LifestyleCheshire #FoodRecipes #ReviveFood #PaulWatters #SeafoodCurry #WordPress