Who doesn’t love a classic BBQ? Revive’s Paul Watters shows you how to make the most of the summer with these delicious chicken thigh skewers in a spicy Thai marinade. “SIMPLY DELICIOUS”.
Summer is here so why not try this beautiful Asian wasabi, Chinese five-spice chicken thigh skewers, with mixed grains, roasted veg, king mushrooms with a dash of lime. SIMPLY DELICIOUS serves x 2
- The rub for the chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon of wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice
- 1 /2 teaspoon of dried coriander
- 1 /2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
For the chicken thighs
600g chicken thighs off the bone.
Cut the chicken into thumb-size chunks, and mix the rub well into the chicken and refrigerate overnight or for at least two hours prior to cooking.
- 1 red pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 green pepper (cut into chunks)
- 2 red onions (cut into chunks)
- 1 bulb of garlic (peeled and keeping cloves whole)
Soak the skewers in warm water. This will help prevent them from burning.
Place the red onion, chicken, green pepper, garlic, chicken and repeat. This will give you four good sized Kebabs if you have any leftover even better spoil yourself make another.
500g of cooked mixed grains (available in all good supermarkets).
- 300g King oyster mushrooms(sliced)
- 6 large spring onion (cut in half lengthways)
- 200g mini sweet peppers (cut in half lengthways)
- 1 lime cut in half
- 220g tender stem broccoli (trimmed)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a griddle pan on your stove and set it to high heat.
- Gently place the chicken on the pan allow to cook for 5 minutes on one side flip over and repeat. Always make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Place into an ovenproof dish and place in the oven.
- Keep the pan on the stove and add broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes and place in the oven along with the chicken.
- Add the rest of the veg and cook for 3 minutes and place with the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes.
- In two separate pans cook the mushrooms and grains in a little olive oil with salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
Your food will be ready to serve.
Gather a large platter and sprinkle some of the grains over the board, arrange the rest of the veg around the platter and be careful as the dish will be hot and place chicken in the middle garnish with picked coriander or parsley and serve with a preference of a dip enjoy.