The best advice I can give to anyone who is struggling to work from home from my own experience.
I’ve worked from home as a graphic designer for print and digital companies for over 14 years after giving birth to my daughter sixteen years ago.
It’s one of the main reasons I decided to make the change.
Here are my useful tips for anyone struggling to cope with being a home worker.
- Get up and get ready as you would for going to the office.
- If you dress smart, still dress smart, if you wear make-up still wear make-up.
- Set your clock to have regular breaks and in these break times call your family and friends – it’s important to keep talking and communicate.
- Make a list of things to do. Work through them.
- Make sure you keep hydrated.
- Make sure you eat, it’s easy to forget when you are busy to take regular breaks and before you know you’ve worked from 8 am – 9 pm without eating or drinking. I know as I’ve done this many times.
- Keep positive and work as you would in the office. The good news is though you can play your music as loud as you want without upsetting anyone.
- Take a daily walk which is allowed under these rules.
- It’s all about the mindset and who knows you may actually prefer the extra freedom it gives you.
I’ve worked from home for over 14 years and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
Hope this helps and #staysafe #staypositive 🙂